Did you know that the average American is walking around with 50-60% of their optimal liver function. The liver performs over 500 functions daily, here are some of the essential functions the liver performs:
- First pass in the body - it’s the first pit stop for everything we ingest
- Break down and metabolize fats
- Convert glycogen into glucose
- Assemble amino acids that produce the body’s proteins
- Detox harmful substances
- Stores vitamins A,D,K and B12
The side effects of poor liver function are endless and can include high blood pressure/high cholesterol, low energy, poor metabolism, arterial plaque, and excess weight gain among other ailments.
The liver is the third fastest replicating cell type (out of 200 cell types). Liver cells also known as Kupffer cells can replicate, repair and rebuild effectively if a healthy liver environment is present and we feed the body specific nutrients that support the regeneration and detoxification of the liver.
Virtually everything your body digests has to be filtered and passes through the liver, so supporting the detoxification and health of your liver is crucial to vitality and long-term health.
The Zuma Nutrition Liver Detox Tonic was created to support and enhance liver health and function through the therapeutic dosage of key herbs including the following:
- Olive Leaf: Olive leaf is powerful for cardiovascular and immune system support, an increase in energy and promoting healthy blood pressure.
- Agrimony: Agrimony’s active ingredients, such as Thiamin, Quercitrin, and Catechins, have been directly linked to liver and gallbladder health. By optimizing the function of the liver and gallbladder, the body can more easily eliminate toxins, thereby promoting overall metabolic efficiency.
- Milk Thistle: Milk thistle is most well-known for being a natural liver supporter and detoxifier. It’s regularly used as a complementary therapy by people who have liver damage due to conditions like alcoholic liver disease, non-alcoholicfatty liver disease, hepatitis and even liver cancer. It’s also used to protect the liver against toxins like amatoxin, which is produced by the death cap mushroom and is deadly if ingested.
- Chamomile: Chamomile has specific anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, muscle relaxant, antispasmodic, anti-allergenic and sedative properties.
- Red Rooibos: Rooibos tea acts as a scavenger to free radicals throughout the body, which are detrimental byproducts of cell metabolism.
- Burdock Root: Burdock Root prevents cellular mutation by blocking dangerous chemicals from causing damage to cells.
- Pau d’ Arco: Pau d’arco has the power to naturally reduce pain and detoxes pathogens and fungi such as Candida.
Together, these herbs may have a synergistic effect and function as a potent and effective liver regeneration and detoxification formula. All of the herbs used in our formula are either organic, or wildcrafted, and are always sustainably sourced. When it comes to choosing herbal medicines for detoxification, or for any purpose really, you want to be sure that the herbs do not contain pesticides or other toxins that will only add to the body’s toxic load. We pride ourselves on using only the purest ingredients, and formulating the most potent herbal blends possible with our team of experienced herbalists.
In addition to the quality of these herbs, our team use a proprietary extraction process to make each drop extremely potent. An analogy we like to give is that a dropper of this formula will give you the equivalent of 20 capsules of these herbs or many many cups of tea.
This formula is best supported by a healthy diet and lifestyle, and by avoiding foods, habits, and environments that increase the amount of toxicity in the body. Make sure to drink plenty of fresh water when using this formula and give our article How to Do a Liver Detox a thorough read. Some foods that particularly help to detoxify the liver are:
- Avocados, tomatoes and spinach—which contain glutathione, a substance that protect cells against oxidation, and helps to detoxify the body from heavy metals.
- Carrots and beets—which also contain glutathione and are rich in flavonoids and beta-carotene that help the liver to regenerate and perform its purification role.
- Asparagus—which has diuretic properties that help the cleansing process by activating the functions of the liver and kidneys that eliminate the toxins.
- Green leafy veggies—which are rich in chlorophyll, an assimilative pigment that is capable of absorbing toxins from the environment and purifying blood from heavy metals.
- Cruciferous veggies like broccoli and cauliflower—which increase the production of glucosinolate enzymes in the body, helping to eliminate carcinogens and other toxins.
- Apples—which are rich in pectin, facilitate the process of cleansing the liver.
- Citrus—another source of glutathione that is rich in vitamin C and antioxidants. They stimulate the production of liver and bile detoxification enzymes and improve the process of cleansing the liver.
Combining our liver detox formula with some of these healthy fruits and vegetables, and avoiding the consumption of toxic foods and chemicals, leads to a truly effective detoxification of the liver, supporting it in its job of protecting the body, and ensuring that it is able to continue performing its more than 500 functions at optimal capacity.