Best Natural Colon Cleanse | Detox Drink Recipe

Best Natural Colon Cleanse | Detox Drink Recipe

The colon is the longest part of the large intestine. Its primary job is to remove water and some nutrients and electrolytes from partially digested food. The remaining material left over is stool that is then eliminated.


According to research, the average person has anywhere from 5 to 20 pounds of fecal matter built up in their colon. Some have even more. This built up waste can become a breeding ground for parasites, Candida and other pathogens. It can also cause toxins to stay in the system leading to toxemia, the presence of toxic substances in the blood.


It is becoming widely known that gut health is at the root of our overall health and well-being, and the first way to start to improve your gut health is to do a colon cleanse detox that can help you remove all that built up waste.


A good homemade colon cleanse drink can be an easy way to support colon cleansing. A colon cleanse natural drink can contain a variety of ingredients for colon cleansing, some perhaps being more effective than others. This natural colon cleanse drink recipe is one of best colon cleanse detox beverages for removing built up waste in the colon.


Natural Colon Cleanse Recipe Ingredients:


  • 1 bunch celery
  • 1 cucumber
  • 2 green apples
  • 1 small piece of ginger
  • 1 lemon
  • 1 tbsp aloe vera juice


How to Make:


To make this natural colon cleanse recipe, follow these steps:


  1. In your juicer of choice, juice 1 small piece of ginger (about 1-2 inches long), 1 cucumber, 1 bunch of celery, 2 green apples (granny smith).


  1. Fresh squeeze the juice of one whole lemon into the juice mixture.


  1. Add 1 tbsp of aloe vera juice.


  1. Stir and enjoy!


Benefits of Colon Cleanse Beverage


Ginger – one of the best digestive herbs, ginger has long been used for promoting digestion and gut health. Ginger helps your gut move food through the intestines by stimulating the migrating motor complex, the action that causes food to move through your digestive system. Ginger also has carminative properties, which help to alleviate bloating, gas, and indigestion.


Cucumber – Cucumbers are very hydrating, as they are composed of 96% water. The other 4% includes important vitamins and minerals, as well as dietary fiber, which helps regulate bowel movements. Cucumbers contain pectin, the type of soluble fiber found in cucumbers which can help increase bowel movement frequency and help to flush the colon. Cucumber water on its own is a good bowel cleanse drink, but it is even more effective when used as a part of this colon cleanse recipe.


Green Apples – Apples in general are great for gut health as they are a great source of fiber, which has many benefits for digestion including bulking up stools so that your body has an easier time having bowel movements. Granny Smith apples, in particular, contain non-digestible compounds that actually can help balance out the bacteria in your colon.


Lemon – a great source of vitamin C and antioxidants, lemons help to protect the body from cell damage caused by free radicals. They also have an astringent property which gently tightens muscle tissue, helping to squeeze out toxins.


Celery – the juice of celery has many benefits. It supports digestion and liver health and helps reduce inflammation in the body.


Aloe Vera – one of the best colon cleanse herbs in the world, aloe vera helps balance intestinal flora, helps to maintain a healthy pH in the body, and contains enzymes that can help with the breakdown of sugars and fats, helping your digestion system run smoothly. Aloe vera can also help to reduce any irritation or inflammation in the stomach and intestines. Aloe vera is a good stomach cleanse drink on its own, but especially when added with the ingredients in this colon cleanse juice recipe.


Together, these ingredients combine to make one of the best colon cleanse drinks that you can make yourself at home. A colon cleanse juice recipe like this can be a great addition to your daily routine. Take care of your gut, and your gut will take care of you!

Products mentioned in this post

True Health Starts with Feeding the Body

Subscribe to receive updates, access to exclusive deals, and more.