Lymphatic Cleanse Tea Recipe
The lymphatic system is an important part of the body's immune system and is a system that is often overlooked. The lymphatic system is a network of tissues and organs that defends the body against infections and helps the body remove toxins, waste, pathogens, and other unwanted materials. (1)
Unfortunately, the lymphatic system can get congested from toxic buildup and can become sluggish. As a result, the immune system becomes compromised, and our health suffers. (2)
Having a healthy lymphatic system is an important part of maintaining our health, and is vital to proper detoxification and cleansing. Unlike the circulatory system, which has the heart pumping blood through blood vessels, the lymphatic system doesn't have a pump. Instead, it relies on other things to help circulate lymph fluid through its vessels, such as exercise, deep breathing, stretching, hydration, diet, and herbs.
Certain herbs have compounds that stimulate lymphatic circulation and help drain a sluggish lymphatic system. The lymphatic system is such an important part of the body's detox system that it is recommended to cleanse your lymphatic system before doing any other kind of cleanse to get the best results.
Thankfully, you can drink a simple herbal tea to cleanse the lymphatic system in just a few days or weeks, depending on the level of lymphatic congestion you have. In this article, we share a simple lymphatic cleanse tea recipe that you can make at home for lymphatic cleansing. We also discuss additional ways you can support your lymphatic health.
Lymphatic Cleanse Tea Recipe
The lymphatic cleanse tea recipe consists of the following ingredients:
- Purified water
- Nettle Leaf
- Lymphatic Detox Tonic
To make the tea:
- Heat water to the desired temperature.
- Add ginger and nettle leaf tea to your mug of choice (you can use tea bags or freshly cut ginger and loose-leaf nettle tea in a tea strainer).
- Pour the water over the tea and allow it to steep for 5 minutes.
- Add the freshly squeezed juice of ½-1 lemon.
- Add one serving of Zuma Nutrition's Lymphatic Detox Tonic.
- Drink and enjoy!
Benefits of Lymphatic Cleanse Tea Ingredients
This tea recipe is an excellent tea to naturally cleanse the lymphatic system. The ingredients synergistically support lymphatic cleansing, gentle detoxification, and general immune health. The benefits of the ingredients in this tea for lymphatic cleanse include:
Ginger (Zingiber officinale) is a common culinary spice used for centuries in Asia as a digestive tonic and remedy for various health issues. The root or rhizome of the plant is the part that is used medicinally. It contains potent compounds called gingerols and shogaols that have been shown to inhibit inflammation and protect against cellular damage. (3) Ginger root may also help unclog lymph nodes and support the elimination of phlegm, toxins, and waste products from the body.
Lemon (Citrus lemon) is a common fruit with many uses and health benefits. Lemons are high in antioxidant compounds, including polyphenols, flavonoids, citric acid, and vitamin C. (4) Lemon is commonly used in detox programs to stimulate lymphatic drainage and general detoxification. The vitamin C in lemons supports immune health and the antioxidants help to protect cells from damage caused by free radicals.
Nettle (Urtica dioica) is an herb native to North America that has been used for centuries in herbal healing traditions. It is rich in minerals and plant compounds that have a nutritive effect on the body.
Nettle contains prostaglandins, compounds that have many benefits for the body and help reduce inflammation and pain. (5) Nettle leaf also contains high amounts of protein, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, iron, beta-carotene, and vitamins A, C, D, and B complex.
Nettle has traditionally been consumed in the springtime when new growths emerge as a spring detox tea. The compounds in nettle help to gently stimulate the lymphatic system and enhance the excretion of waste through the kidneys, cleansing the body of metabolic wastes.
Lymphatic Detox Tonic
The Lymphatic Detox Tonic was specifically designed to promote lymphatic drainage, help clear blockages in the lymphatic system, and support the removal of waste and toxins from the body.† It contains three simple herbal extracts with unique benefits for the lymphatic system:
- Cleavers: High in vitamins, minerals, flavonoids, coumarins, and various alkaloids, this herb may support the movement of lymph fluids, enhances the ability of the lymphatic system to flush out toxins, and eases congestion of swollen glands.† (6)
- Figwort: This herb may help to cleanse the lymphatic system of built-up waste and restores proper lymphatic system function.† (7)
- Cayenne Pepper: This clinically researched herb may stimulate the circulatory and lymphatic systems, encouraging cells to work more efficiently and helping to remove excess waste in the blood and lymph.† (8)
We use a therapeutic extraction process that concentrates the active ingredients into a therapeutic liquid extract that is significantly more potent than other solutions like tea, powders, or capsules. Plus, we don't use pesticides, fillers, or toxic ingredients in any of our products.
Additional Ways to Support Lymphatic Health
While herbs and herbal teas like the lymphatic cleanse tea can help support lymphatic drainage, it is important to take a holistic approach to cleansing the lymphatic system and to include other practices as well. The lymphatic system is supported by regular exercise, stretching, hydration, and a nutritious diet. Some of the best ways to unclog the lymphatic system and improve lymphatic health (in addition to utilizing the herbs mentioned above) include:
- Exercise daily for a minimum of 30 minutes. Even if the exercise is light walking, the body needs to move to circulate lymph.
- Drink a lot of water. Water is essential for all body systems, including the lymphatic system.
- Dry brush. Dry brushing involves brushing your skin with a dry brush toward the direction of your heart. Dry brushing helps remove dead skin cells and helps stimulate lymph flow.
- Rebound. Rebounding involves jumping up and down on a small trampoline; this jumping movement is excellent for improving lymph flow.
- Limit exposure to toxins. Toxins are abundant today in our society, and they are difficult to avoid. You must take proactive steps to protect yourself and your family from toxins in certain foods, unfiltered water, polluted air, household products, and hygiene products that contain toxic chemicals. Toxins are harmful to our entire body and can impair the function of our organs and tissues.
- Eat foods that support lymphatic system health (fruits, vegetables, spices, healthy fats).
- Massage, particularly lymphatic drainage massage
The lymphatic system is an important body system and a significant part of the immune system. It helps to protect your body from pathogens, maintain body fluid levels, and remove cellular waste. Essentially, the lymphatic system is like your body's sewage system, removing toxins, wastes, and pathogens from your body, protecting you from infections and diseases.
When the lymphatic system becomes clogged, toxins can't be adequately eliminated from the body. This can cause toxic build-up, leading to weakened immunity, inflammation of the body's organs and tissues, and eventually, if it isn't treated, poor health and disease.
Thankfully, you can cleanse your lymphatic system with remedies like the lymphatic cleanse tea and by following the additional recommended steps mentioned in this article. A good diet, regular exercise, quality sleep, and healthy lifestyle habits are not just good for your lymphatic system but help your whole body function at its best—and when you take good care of your body, your body can take good care of you.